Our lessons are offered to children ages 6+ and adults of any age or experience. Learn about horses and riding from our experienced and knowledgeable instructors. Our horses are wonderful partners and teachers. Lessons can be tailored to suit all skill and experience levels.
We teach many disciplines including English Pleasure, Hunter/Jumper, Dressage and Equitation. In addition, our instructors and horses specialize in working with timid or nervous riders. Try a lesson today and see the benefit it can have in your life!
To schedule a lesson please call the barn at 207-883-8977 ext 110
What to wear for your riding lesson
- Full length pants with with either a soft inseam or no inseam. Sweatpants, leggings, breeches and riding tights are all acceptable. Wind pants may be slippery in the saddle. Jeans may be worn but are not recommended.
- A boot or shoe with a heel such as a hiking shoe, rain boot or a riding boot. No sneakers. Please note that some winter boots are very wide and may not fit in a stirrup.
- A current ASTM/SEI approved riding helmet. We do provide helmets if you do not have your own.
Bicycle helmets may not be worn.
- During cold weather, gloves are required. Please wear gloves that are
well-fitting, have grip on the palm/fingers and also allow you to close your fist
completely and comfortably.
- Sandals and flip-flops are not allowed in the barn or around the horses.